Time + Tide is a family-owned business with eight luxury safari properties and a remote island resort, spanning four regions across Zambia and Madagascar.
The original founders were Norman Carr (1950) and later, the Liebenberg family (1996), who are all credited as leaders in responsible tourism. Today, we continue to revolutionize the safari
industry through the creation of new, intimate properties in untapped locations where guests can experience authentic interaction with nature’s wild places.
Our tourism experience is rooted in conservation and synonymous with Africa’s history of ecotourism and preservation.
Our regions and camps include:
- Time + Tide Chinzombo – Zambia’s most luxurious camp
- Time + Tide Mchenja – a luxury seasonal camp situated deep in the heart of the park
- Time + Tide Kakuli – an authentic safari camp in a game rich area on the confluence of two rivers
- Time + Tide Nsolo – a remote camp and perfect launchpad for the Time + Tide Sleepout adventure
- Time + Tide Luwi – one of the best camps to begin a walking safari in an untouched part of the park
- Time + Tide Chongwe Camp – the most scenic camp in the Lower Zambezi
- Time + Tide Chongwe Suites – luxurious suites with stunning views
- Time + Tide Chongwe House – the only private villa in the area, perfect for small groups of friends or families travelling together
- Time + Tide King Lewanika – Zambia’s most exclusive camp in Africa’s secret destination; home to the second biggest wildebeest migration
- Time + Tide Miavana – one of the world’s most ultra-luxury, private island destinations
The Chairman is Thierry Dalais, from an old Mauritian family, whose family was also one of the original developers of North Island, Seychelles.